The Portland Chapter of The Links, Incorporated is pleased to announce the awarding of the Academic and Arts Scholarships. Recipients will be selected from graduating African American high school seniors who have demonstrated scholastic potential, high achievement, and leadership ability.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 and be a resident of the metropolitan area of Portland, Oregon (Multnomah County, Washington County, or Clackamas County) or Vancouver, Washington (Clark County).
- The scholarships can be used at any accredited four-year college, university, or community college and must be claimed within one year from award date.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than February 10, 2017. Please refer to the application for specifics.
- Applications may be duplicated as needed.
Before you send in your application, it is imperative that you check and make sure it is complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- List your extracurricular activities, civic/community involvement, honors/awards and work experience.
- State your reason for requesting this scholarship. State any facts that should be considered, particularly those which establish financial need.
- Three letters of recommendation: (letters from teachers and or counselor) and another adult of your choice.
- A typed, double-spaced essay of at least 500 words (specific question is listed on the application.
- A photo of yourself.
- Please check if you are applying for one scholarship or both scholarships. If you apply for both, you must submit two essays.
- Ensure that you and your parent/guardian have signed the application.
Applications must be postmarked no later than February 10, 2017.and mailed or emailed to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
228 N. Lombard St.
Portland, OR 97217